As winter is on the horizon and the snow falling, Markham Cycle’s 2020 season has officially ended. It’s been great meeting everyone in our community at our pop-up bikes booths and seeing everyone riding despite the pandemic. While our in-person programming has wrapped-up, we will still be hosting a few virtual workshops throughout winter. Keep an eye out on our calendar for any winter programming.
Sign up to our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated to when we resume programming in spring 2021!
Here are some highlights of Markham Cycles’s 2020 season:
Markham Cycles More Scavenger Hunt
- Over 150 registered participants
- Over 500 photos submitted
- Cycling goals were surpassed at 55% higher on average than what they had cycled in beginning of summer
Community Pop-up Bike Booths
- 17 sessions
- Helped over 500 people
- Tuned-up over 300 bikes
- 11 sessions
- Over 80 bikes refurbished
- Around 200 volunteer people-hours
Youth and Kids Bike Giveaway
- Over 30 youth bikes given away for Cycle the City/Back to School by Bike
- Over 30 kids bikes given away
- 9 sessions (and counting)
- Over 800 live attendees and views
Thanks to our funders, volunteers and city staff for help making Markham Cycles’s 2020 season a success!