Markham Cycles’s Bicycle Lending Library in partnership with Markham Public Library is back this season!
Borrow a bicycle and other bike-related accessories to take home with you using your Markham Library Card! This year we are restarting our Bicycle Lending Library at Markham Village Library. Find us outside under the Markham Cycles tent on specific days to borrow an item.
Please check out our events calendar for when we’ll be there.
Catalogue of available items to be borrowed can be viewed here.
Terms and conditions:
- equipment can be borrowed for one week at a time
- equipment can be borrowed only during the Markham Cycles pop-up booth at Markham Village Library
- equipment can be return anytime within the week only at Markham Village Library, please return the items at the front door of the library to a staff member. Do not leave equipment unattended outside the library.
- if borrower misses the return date, late fees will be charged to your account of $2/day
- equipment that are two weeks late will be marked lost and user will be charged a replacement fee
- equipment that are returned with over $25 damage will be charged a fee for repair. If equipment are not returned, or if they are returned with severe damage, the replacement fee will be charged
- borrower must be at least 18 years old to borrow items
- maximum 3 items can be borrowed using a single library card
- bikes are not hold-able and availability are at first-come first-serve basis at the booth
Booth is subjected to weather cancellations, please stay updated on our social media and our events calendar