The Bicycle Lending Library is currently closed. This program will start in June for the 2022 season.
Markham Cycles Bicycle Lending Library in partnership with Markham Public Library is back this season!
Borrow a bicycle and other accessories for free using your Markham Library card! This year, we are hosting our lending library at our community bike hub locations and not at Markham Village Library. Find us outside under the Markham Cycles tent during our drop-in hours at our bike hubs. Check out our events calendar for our schedule.
Collection of items that can be loan can be found on the Markham Library catalog here.
Terms and conditions:
- equipment can be borrowed for two week at a time
- equipment can be borrowed only during our drop-in hours at our community bike hubs
- equipment can only be returned during our drop-in hours at our community bike hubs
- equipment cannot be returned to any Markham Library location
- equipment cannot be renewed, instead you can return the item and reborrow at a future date
- if borrower misses the return date, late fees will be charged to your account of $5/day to a max of $25
- equipment that are two weeks late will be marked lost and user will be charged a replacement fee
- equipment that are returned with over $25 damage will be charged a fee for repair. If equipment are not returned, or if they are returned with severe damage, the replacement fee will be charged
- borrower must be at least 18 years old to borrow items
- maximum 3 items can be borrowed using a single library card (ex. bike, helmet, lock)
- bikes are not hold-able and availability are at first-come first-serve basis at the booth
- In an event borrower is unable to return borrowed items due to no fault of their own, they are to notify Markham Cycles through email or social media for support