Our volunteers are an important part of our success and we value the passion and energy they bring. By volunteering you directly help improve your community, while learning hands-on skills in a fun and supportive environment.
Description of volunteer positions that are currently in need:
- Volunteer bike mechanic
- Beginners welcome, volunteer as a bike mechanic at any of our events with bike repair. Volunteer mechanics will receive training and supervision while working on repairing participant’s bikes
- Non-mechanic support
- Not mechanically confident to repair bikes? We still need your help. Most of events and programming need support to set up and takedown as well as volunteers to manage participants, provide general cycling information and assist staff.
- In-person community outreach
- Would you rather engage with your local community about cycling rather than repair programming at our bike hubs? We need help transporting, activating and manning with pop-ups at community events around the city this year.
- Group ride support
- Volunteer as a ride marshal to help support our community bike rides this summer. First aid certification and confidence on roads around vehicles is preferred.
- Help with social media, communications and related remote work
- We need help coordinating the word about our programming this year. This may include reaching out to local groups and organizations and marketing Markham Cycles both in-person and virtually.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve had to limit volunteer slots and positions. Please attend an event/program only if you’ve been contacted and have signed for a volunteer shift.